divendres, 25 de gener del 2008

Frog pond

Some time ago I looked at my knitting basket and I saw there five or six started projects, some of them had been there for months waiting for an opportunity to be finished. At that moment I told to myself "I knit for pleasure, knitting is a hobby, so... I don't have to finish every thing that I start if I don't want!". Now, it's time to remember that decision and send to the frog pond this toe-up sock. If not, I'm sure that it will stay in my knitting basket for some months more....

Actually, the doomed sock has two problems. One is insuperable: I don't like really like this yarn (Hot socks-Laola) or the way that it generate the stripes. The second problem is that I do some mistakes: I changed needles from 2'5 mm to 2 mm after having done the toe. Because of this, fabric isn't as regular as it should be, and the difference can be seen easily. And....it was the first time I tried to knit holding working yarn with my left hand....!

Maybe yarn will look better with a vertical stripes sock pattern, or if not it could be used to knit a seafoam scarf. Next months I will think about it....